Okay, so, here's the deal: our job at Zimpler is to build a fin-tech product that makes it really easy to pay and withdraw money online and to do that, we are looking for a new developer to join our team.
As a developer at Zimpler, you will have full ownership of the projects you are a part of. You will belong to a cross-functional team, where you will have a genuine impact on the team's decisions. This meaning that when there will be a challenge or an obstacle, you will be able to overcome it together with colleagues that have your back.
Sounds about right to you? Then check out the details below.
Things you are really good at
- You have an Ownership mentality: as a team, we come up with the specs, define the UI, write the code, ship it to production, monitor that it works and ensure that our customers are happy, so we get to see it from when it was just an idea in our minds to when it’s full grown-up and making people’s lives easier
- You thrive working in small, truly agile teams, always ready to be on the Go (eh eh)
- You are a bold problem solver and not afraid to create and own your solutions
How would you work?
The world is moving fast, so here’s a tl;dr version of the job ad: we are looking for someone proficient with a variety of programming languages. Yes, we use mainly Go, but we are looking for people that know other programming languages and that, in the future, are willing to grow with us and learn new ones. For reference, we work a lot with Golang, PostgreSQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
Why you might ask?
Well, we use a variety of programming languages following a micro-service architecture to write our backend services; the programming languages are Go, Clojure, Ruby, Python, Haskell and Rust, with the first two making about 80% of our codebase.
However, that is the situation today and we don’t know (yet) what tomorrow will look like: so knowing more programming languages would be amazing, and also being oriented in growing by learning new programming languages would be cool too.
Right now, we are focusing on Golang and new services will be written in Go for the time being. We use Typescript and React to write our (small) frontends. All services run on AWS containerized with Docker and Kubernetes. The deployment chain is fully automated so you can focus on the fun stuff, no day-to-day maintenance and worries.
We are looking for a senior developer, so we trust you more than us when it comes to the tools that help you work at your best: so you are free to use any hardware, operating system and editor/IDE you are comfortable with and productive with. Are you one of those YouTube guys that built a gaming PC powered by a whole field of potatoes? Fine for us. We believe that everything should just work, so if you make it work that’s just perfect.
We also know that software development takes time (a lot of time), thus:
- No tight deadlines
- No overtime
- No working during the weekend.
Just pull up a chair, get comfy, get in the zone and do you.
Some other things that we made bullet points of so it looks cooler
- You will be joining a scaling and profitable product company
- The focus is open-banking
- Flexible working hours; are you one of those that believe in waking up at 5 AM, running and being productive in the early morning? Great, you can do that! Do you instead feel more productive in the evening while catching up on the latest Disney-produced Star Wars series in the background? May the force be with you my friend, you are welcome to join us.
- We also like to focus on personal and team growth: learning is key in a fast-growing environment like fin-tech
- Access to cosy, modern offices in central Gothenburg, right beside the train station